Astonishing Sinclair history!

Dear Cousins,
    This job is so much fun and it is because of all of you.  I know there
are some silent ones lurking about that haven't spoken up but one of these
days we'll hear from you also, I bet.

    It seems like the Sinclairs/St. Clairs  were everywhere during
historical times:

They were descendants of Vikings,
They beat Columbus to this hemisphere by 94 years.
and were Counts, Dukes, Queens, Kings, Prime Minister in Australia,
right?,etc.
About 8 of them accompanied another one named William the Conqueror to the
Battle of Hastings
They were hard working soldiers, sailors, wives, and grandmas.
Since so many made up the Royalty and relatives of the monarchy of England,
there must have been Sinclairs at all of their battles
Many in Rev. war on both sides-Generals to privates
They were trappers and workers with the Hudsons Bay Co.
I suppose the War of 1812 had its share
Were there any at the Alamo?
Do we have some Gold Rush stories?
I heard one was with Custer, where is the story on that?  Don't quote this
until we dig it up again.
Of course the Civil War
And as short a span of time as the Pony Express covered, we had a Sinclair
manage to participate also in that also.
How about the Spanish American War?
One was a mysterious Earl living in ND
Any on the Titanic?
Industrialists, oil men, politicians, musicians, writers
Isn't it time for a President Sinclair/St. Clair.  Ha
I would like to see a few more entires on this list for Sinclair women..  I
know I've left out many catagories.  But think about those interesting
ancestors.  We will capture their stories eventually, so don't go away.

And then we had the question about apparitions in the Sinclair castles.
Well, let me tell you, when we get all this collected you are going to see
that in this area our ghosts have not shirked their duty also!
    Still waiting to see whether anyone has the "White Lady" story.
Laurel