Sinclair headstone's in Dunoon Cemetery

Here are a few of the Sinclair headstone's I transcribed from my trip to
Dunoon, Argyll, Scotland:

In
Loving
Memory of
DUNCAN SINCLAIR
Who died 26th October 1900
Aged 65 Years.
Also
JESSIE WILSON his daughter
Who died 24 January 1897
Aged 23 years.
ROBERT STEEL SINCLAIR
Who died 7th August 1906
Aged 28 years
CHARLOTTE HANSON SINCLAIR
Who died at Cambridge, NZ
aged 34 years
JANE STEEL, his wife
Who died 8thAugust 1922
Aged 81 years.

This is a tall, black granite stone in the old section of the cemetery.  It
faces the following Sinclair stone. This is a tall, red granite stone -
around border 12 or 13.

Erected
By
A Sinclair
In memory
Of his brother
JOHN
Who died at Dunoon
22 Nov 1891 aged 69 years
also of his son
ARCHIBALD
Who died at Dunoon 24th March 1891
Aged 21 years
Also the above
ARCHIBALD SINCLAIR
Died 2nd of June 1912
Aged 86
Also his wife
ANN MCVEAN
Aged 83
DAVID MORRISON
Beloved husband of
SARAH SINCLAIR
Died 26th Oct 1959
The above
SARAH SINCLAIR
Died 23 March 1960
__________________
Nothing in my hand I bring
Simply to thy cross I cling

The following small red granite stone is located at Border 5 Lair 32.  The
lair also contains John McVean who died 28 Nov 1891 and his wife Mary
MacCorquodale who died 25 Aug 1879 both in Dunoon.  They are the maternal
grandparents for the Robert Sinclair listed on the stone.

In Memory of
Our Father & Mother
ROBERT SINCLAIR
Died 25 Jan 1903
JESSIE SINCLAIR
Died 11 Jan 1943

The following inscription is on a large black (granite?) stone that has
fallen over onto its back.  It is also in the old section of Dunoon
cemetery.

SINCLAIR
In
Loving Memory of Our
Children
ANNIE who died Aug 19, 1881
Aged 3 years
COLIN who died May 27, 1883
Aged 1 year 1 month
ELIZABETH died July 15, 1884
Aged 3 years & 7 months
ST. CLAIR died Nov 20, 1913
Aged 22 years & 2 months

The above individuals are the children of David Sinclair and Annie Gray who
married in Dunoon.  David rented boats in Dunoon and was originally from the
Orkney's.  Annie was a local girl from Sandbank.  David and Annie's
headstone is in beautiful condition and is the first one on the right as you
come in the old hearse entrance to the cemetery.  The hearse no longer
enters this way as the road has a HUGE crater in the middle of it (right
under the gates!)  It has been this way for years and Dunoon should be
ashamed for not taking care of it!!!  I have the transcription someplace for
Annie and David - just not handy.  Let me know if you are interested in it.
I am working with someone from New York who is tracing the Grays and we have
more info on this group of Sinclairs.

The following inscription is also from a stone in the old section of Dunoon
cemetery.  It is a large obelisk.

Erected by
DONALD SINCLAIR
In memory of
His brother JOHN
Who died 22 Dec 1887
Aged 62
Also his sister
CATHERINE
Who died 23 March 1887
Aged ??
The above named
DONALD SINCLAIR
Who died 11th April 1904
Aged 56

I have some more - also a few from Kilmaleu, High Kirk at Dunoon, and
Dalmally church.  Will post at later - have to run and make dinner for the
kids - not one of my finer points.

Juli Anderson
Princeton, NJ but FOREVER ARGYLL