Re: Brooklyn, NYC, Sinclairs

-------

It was interesting to see the name James Richard Munro Sinclair; my
G-Grandfater's name was Richard Clinton Sinclair, the one I mentioned
before being on the Camel cigarette bill board at/near Ebbets Field.
Richard Sinclair

>From: "Richard Lower" <coqnord@goldstate.net>
>To: <sinclair@jump.net>
>Subject: Re: Brooklyn, NYC, Sinclairs
>Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:45:43 -0800
>
>For Gail Mottola: I have some difficulty in following your story, but
if I am correct, your Sinclair connection was to a John Sinclair, whose
daughter Virginia was your g-g-grandmother.  My immigrant ancestor was
James Richard Munro Sinclair, who came with his first wife and three
children from London in about 1841 to New York.  He did not stay long in
NYC, because he found work more to his liking in Nashville, where he
spent the rest of his life.  None of his children were named John.  If
Jean's files or your subsequent findings connect my g-g-grandfather
James to your family, I would be most appreciative of sharing this
information.  Good luck.