Re: John W. St. Clair, Iron Brigade history

-------

I can often find used books at a good price from our huge Powells books
store here but failed to find the one on the 24th.  You might check from
time to time yourself at
www.powells.com
Thanks for getting me started on this topic.  I have found some other Iron
Brigade sites one of which is on the 6th and features the hat with the "K"
co pin.  Which was the one my John W. St. Clair plus his future brother in
law, and his cousin were in.  Also see that I should check the WI state
archives for his "papers".  I have sent a message begging a distant, cousin
on this side who lives in WI to look into this.  He seems only interested in
sending jokes and jokes and jokes.  But his job does take him traveling
around and it would be logical for him to comply.
I haven't gotten back to read my "A Brotherhood of Valor"  Did I tell you
that it will be comparing the Iron Brigade to the Southern Stonewall
Brigade.  An interesting concept.
I tried to look JW from that MI site that lead to the lists of prisoners at
Andersonville but either they don't really give a listing or else I have to
actually write to the U.S. Parks Service for info.  I thought I was on a
really hot lead there for awhile.  GRRRRR
Laurel