Re: Laurel: $40,000

-------

I had an aunt who hired an attorney to research the family history. I think
she was seeking payment, but discovered that the war wiped out all debts. She
was also looking for the deed to Albany, New York. Didn't get any satisfaction
there either. I am fortunate to have two of the letters she received from this
lawyer. He could provide her with innuendo but no concrete proof. I, on the
other hand, am just searching for the truth. The search was done in the early
twenties. The attorney's name was H. S. Enyart of 146 W. 121st Street, New
York City. You might find it amusing that his assistants earned fifty cents an
hour and he quotes a charge of $312.16 for a search he did for another family.
My, how times have changed.

Johnnye
[
[  info sinclair