Re: Location

-------

Marilyn,
I have been getting many e-mails from the Sinclair discussion list and
thought
this one is of interest.  I've seen a few of your entries looking for info
on our
Sinclairs.  Have you contacted Jean Grimsby?  I read that she is a great
source
of information and she responded to someone in one of the e-mails that she
now
only helps direct decendants.
We may be coming this weekend.  Tom has taken Monday off and wants to ski
at the park.  I'll give you a call when we get in to Great Valley or will
e-mail you
if we are not coming.  Maybe we can have pizza for John's birthday.

----------
> From: Spirit One Email <laurel@spiritone.com>
> To: sinclair@zilker.net
> Subject: Re: Location
> Date: Thursday, January 14, 1999 11:13 AM
>
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> Jenny,
> For a great look at Caithness, try obtaining the following book.
> Somhow I was honored with receiving several years ago a beautiful 8 1/2
by
> 11 inch book called  "Caithness From the Air" (Nevin never realized how I
> love books!).  Published by North of Scotland Newspapers, 42 Union St.,
> Wick, Caithness, Scotland (no postal code given)  Perhaps these are still
> available through the Sinclair and Girnigoe Task Force and ordering
through
> them would benefit their projects???
> Anyone planning to go to the gathering in 2000 would benefit from
"getting
> the lay of the land" first.  These photos from the air are so clear, that
> you could use them as a road map, I believe.
> The Sinclair & Girnigoe castles are there plus Noss Head lighthouse which
we
> learned has been purchased by a Sinclair and turned into a Sinclair
resource
> center.  These pictures are taken all along the coast and show glimpses
of
> Orkney also.  The barren landscape seems so odd to me living here among
so
> many trees.  Also lovely Castle Mey where our clan chief, Malcolm
Sinclair,
> will move to when Queen mother Mary vacates and turns it over the the
> National Trust, I believe.

[
[  info sinclair
[