Re: Almost Cousins

-------

Rebecca,

We are wandering far from the Sinclair topic, but since you've mentioned
it in your message I'm still copying the list.

>John,
>I received a Christmas card from Jane with a note that the Quarterman book is
>ready; I had copied an address to buy it---and, as sometimes happens, took
>such good care of it until I lost it.  Please give it to me again.

http://www.quarterman.org/

or
 Quarterman Book
 c/o MIDS
 1106 Clayton Lane, Suite 501W
 Austin, TX 78723

>Also, that the Sinclair book is about ready?  That, of course, I will want
>too.

Well, Jane's manuscript is about ready.  She's about ready for us to
print it, as she has been for the past 15 years.  But we haven't had
much time to do anything with it.  Fortunately, it's a lot shorter
than the Quarterman book.  Still, the formatting for a book is a
time-consuming task.

>Now, about the McIntoshes;  my Christian ("old" Christian) mar. Donald/Daniel
>McIntosh.  I haven't searched diligently yet for all his ancestors.

There are always more ancestors to search for.

>This
>isn't "Sinclair business", I know, but maybe the Group will forgive me this
>time---since we're almost cousins through the Sinclairs!  I still don't know
>that connection other than through Cousin Duncan (we called "D" or "Shine").

Jane is determined to find a connection somewhere back there.

>Visited with Cousin Ruth a couple of years ago and she was as delightful as
>ever.

I missed her by a few hours last week.

>Have a super holiday and an especially good New Year.  I'll appreciate the
>information about both books.  Thanks.

You're welcome.  Happy holidays to you.

Thanks,
John
--
John Sinclair Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>
President, Matrix Information and Directory Services (MIDS)