Re: Two quick replies to a new subscriber!

-------

Hi, J.R.  I have Carpenter information linked to a second marriage of Franklin
Hiram Seeley.  Frank's son, another Frank married a St. Clair descendant,
Virginia Boice. If you see that this connects with you, and I can be of help
please e-mail me directly lfghm@ibm.net.

J. R. Carpenter Jr. wrote:

> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> replies already. Dallas B. St. Clair and Jean Grigsby responded to my
> initail post on my descent from Alexander Sinkler (born ca 1666 in Scotland)
> of Stafford Co VA. I had mistakenly -- from faulty memory -- said that old
> Alexander was from Loudon and Fauquier Cos.
>
> Jean, most of my info on my St. Clair lineage comes from your Vol. I book of
> 1987 or so, "Sinkler-Sinclair-St. Clair..." I have only been able to add
> bits here and there, nothing substantial, to what you have compiled. I need
> to email you privately about some of the Carpenter info in it if you don't
> mind. I am having a devil of a time tracing them.
>
> What can be said about old Alexander Sinkler coming over to Virginia in 1698
> as an indentured servant for four years? Was that merely his way of paying
> passage, or was he "transported", or ...? What could that say about his
> family in Scotland?
>
> There is a book out on the Scots in the Chesapeake Bay region and the
> tobacco culture there, I will get the reference and post it soon. It is a
> good book, but it does not, however, mention my Alexander Sinkler.
>
> Thanks list,
> Rick
> [
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
> [  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> [ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
> [  info sinclair
> [
> [ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
> [
> [           To: majordomo@zilker.net
> [
> [           unsubscribe sinclair