(no subject)

-------

Jean:  I may have a lead on the OlsD Swedes Church after all.  There is
an e-mail message from Joe Greigg, which I had saved in hard copy only.
He is  from Wilmington, DE. His was the one I recalled about Sinclairs
being in the area for 150-300 years.  It reads:

Surname of Herman is a very old name on the upper eastern shore of MD,
Port Herman, etc.    Sinclair/Sinclar have been in the immediate PA, DE,
MD, [15+/- mile radius for 150 to 300 years.  3 or more distinct lines!

My own Sinclair line--from England after 1835-- had one definite
migration in Hew York [Ellen Sinclair] and her brother George may have
also preceded or followed her.  Their sister-in-law was Virginia
Sinclair -miaden name "Arrants" from Cecil Co., MD (Upper Eastern
ShoreMD) Arrants in that area date from c. 1723.  Perhaps the preceding
info may help uncover other NY Sinclair Family history.

Jean: I didn't follow up on this message other than to thank him because
the Ellen,  George, as well as Virginia Arrants were not in my line to
John through Joseph, at least I thought not at that time... Might this
help you, and/or is it possible the Old Swedes Church info might have
been from him?
Gail

                   Just located his email address:   Plumpett@aol.com.

[