Re: Ian Sinclair of Noss Head, Wick, Caithness

-------

In message <199810030411.XAA01296@vyoma.mids.org>, "John S. Quarterman"
<jsq@mids.org> writes
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>The software got confused about posting the appended message,
>apparently because Ian for some reason wasn't subscribed.
>He's subscribed now (for a total of 169 subscribers).
>Here's his message, which I hope you will all find as interesting
>as I did (I wondered who lived in the lighthouse).  -jsq

I was very interested in your e-mail about Noss Head - I have been subscribing
to the Sinclair net for aeons and have had not a squeak of anything that relates
to my  Sinclairs. My mother was a Sinclair from Freswick, just down the road
from Noss.The family had the croft at Roadside,and another up on the hill.  Many
of the family emigrated, some to Baltimore, some to Detroit and some to Toronto.
Her father was William Sinclair and her mother Jane Kennedy.  Her mother's
brother was the tailor who at one time lived in the little house at John
O'Groats now billed as the "last house in Scotland."  The family, like so many
in that area, were members of Keiss Baptist Church, the first Baptist church
founded in Scotland, and founded, incidentally, by a Sir William Sinclair.
I know Noss well and I'm delighted to hear that it is to be preserved.
Please let me know what is going on.
My e-mail address is jean@hadpad.demon.co.uk . My telephone number is
01592-263580 and my fax is 01592- 263593.
Jean Haddow
[
[  info sinclair
[