Re: Joseph or John Sinclair married to Rebecca Herman

-------

Dear Joe--At last, a Sinclair who may be more closely related!  I was born
in Wilmington DE, lived in Newark, Delaware City, NewCastle, then in
Kennett Square and  lANSDOWNE, PA.  The story is that William or maybe his
son Squire Samuel Sinclair moved up to Kennett Square from the Eastern
Shore, possibly via West Chester PA.  He had married Mary Berry in Maryland
prior to that move.  Names in the family are William, Thomas, Samuel, John,
Frederick (and more) .  Does any of this fit in with your genealogy?  The
Sinclairs were in Kennet prior to the Am.Rev.--Kay
----------
> From: Plumpett@aol.com
> To: sinclair@zilker.net
> Subject: Re: Joseph or John Sinclair married to Rebecca Herman
> Date: Saturday, September 05, 1998 3:12 PM
>
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> CAN'T HELP  YOUR SEARCH WITH SPECIFICS--- HOWEVER :
>
> SURNAME OF HERMAN IS A VERY OLD NAME ON THE UPPER EASTERN SHORE OF
MARYLAND--"
> PORT HERMAN " ETC.
>
> SINCLAIRS / SINCLAR HAVE BEEN IN THE IMMEDIATE PA.,DE.,MD., [15=/- MILE
RADIUS
> ] FOR 150 TO 300 YEARS !  [3 OR MORE DISTINCT LINES ]
>
> MY OWN SINCLAIR LINE --FROM ENGLAND AFTER 1835 --HAD ONE DEFINITE
MIGRATION TO
> SOMEWHERE IN NEW YORK [ELLEN SINCLAIR ] AND HER BROTHER GEORGE MAY ALSO
HAVE
> PRECEDED OR FOLLOWED HER .THEIR SISTER-IN-LAW WAS VIRGINIA SINCLAIR -
MAIDEN
> NAME "ARRANTS " FROM CECIL COUNTY ,MD. [UPPER EASTEN SHORE MD. ] .
ARRANTS IN
> THAT AREA
> DATE FROM ca. 1723.
>
> PERHAPS THE PRECEDING INFO MAY ALSO HELP UNCOVER OTHER NY. SINCLAIR
FAMILY
> HISTORY .
>
> JOE GREIGG , WILMINGTON DE.
> [
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
> [  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> [ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
> [  info sinclair
> [
> [ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
> [
> [           To: majordomo@zilker.net
> [
> [           unsubscribe sinclair