Re: Sinclairs from Argyllshire

-------

Patti:

Thanks for your response.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  My Robert was born during/after the Civil War 1864
or 1867 in Monroe Co. VA.

His father William was b. abt 1833 and wife Mary S. ? was b. abt 1837.

Robert's siblings were Louisa, Malinda, & Wayman born late 1850's in Monroe
Co. VA (presumably) as well as they are listed in the 1860 Monroe Co. VA/WV
Census.

I have found NO trace of this family following the Civil War.  Even the
researcher I had in Monroe County WV could find no record of this family in
the Court House.
It's a bit of a mystery.  I can understand the lack of birth records, etc.
during the war, but no before the war.

Thanks,

Amber

>Your ancestor Robert Sinclair, could be have been born in TN or even
Illinois?
>I have a Robert born around 1796 there, died Nov.14, 1832, do not have his
>children's names but he was married to an Ann Vaughn married Aug.18, 1821
in
>Greene, IL.
>His parents were John Sinclair born in VA around 1753 married to Rebecca
>Pruitt born abt. 1760.
>
>Patti
>[
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
>[  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>[ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
>[  info sinclair
>[
>[ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
>[
>[           To: majordomo@zilker.net
>[
>[           unsubscribe sinclair