Re: Newbie

-------

Hi,
     Some of my Sinclairs in North Carolina are:
     John C. Sinclair (1820-1885) m. Elizabeth McNeill (1813-1884), dau of one
of the Neill McNeills.
     I do not know the father of John C.; there was a "John, Sr." living
beside John C. and Elizabeth in the 1850 census of Robeson Co, NC, but he may
or may not have been the father.  Must research that more completely.
     Their 4th son, Joseph McNeill Sinclair (6 May 1850-14 July 1935) was my
GrGrandfather.  He m. Llewellyn Winifred Leitch/Leach in 1872.  One of their
daughters, Mary Elizabeth married Hector Duncan McLean---parents of my mother,
Annie Laurie McLean.
     The 6th son of my John C. was named Peter and was b. ca 1853; the 7th and
last son, Duncan, was b. 1856.
     It is very possible that our families are kin.  I will be glad to
exchange with you family group sheets (by snail-mail).  I do not have a
scanner, for my computer, but my husband does for his.  It's hard to have him
find the time to help me, however, since he works full time still.
     Please tell me more of your family or I'll be glad to mail you my street
address so that you may send group sheets.
     Thanks again!  Isn't this Sinclair List just wonderful!
      Best to you,
      Rebecca
[
[  info sinclair