Caithness Nicolson/Sinclair marriages

-------

Hello Richard again. As I promised earlier I list below the connections I have
in my data between Nicolsons and Sinclairs.  As I have primarily been
interested in the Nicolsons there is little detail on the Sinclairs - they
were mainly the spouses - but some of the names or dates may strike a chord
with someone:-
Alexander Oag Sinclair  b.1910  m. Catherine Mathieson Nicolson b.1913 West
Watten,d.1983 Lochquoy, granddaughter of John N. & Catherine Mathieson

Alexander Sinclair b.1769 m. Janet Shearer  ( Wick)  (See daughters Janet &
Margaret below)

Christina Sinclair b.1824 Bower d. 5 July 1902 Calder Mains m. John Nicolson
b.1828 Dunnet, d.1882 Calder

Dolina Shearer Sinclair d.1993 Castletown m. James Sinclair Nicolson, son of
John N. & Marjory Mowat or Sutherland, grandson of James McBeath
N.(Castletown,Olrig) & Margaret Sinclair, b.1852

Elisabeth Sinclair m. Sinclair Moore (Dunnet) son of George More & Jacobina
Waters, grandson of James Moir, More or Moore & Euphemia Sinclair (see below)

Elizabeth Sinclair m. 1851 William Calder, Dunnet, son of William Calder &
Rachel Nicolson (m.1817) (see George Sinclair & Margaret Calder below).

Esther Sinclair m. David Craig, b.1752, Wick

Euphemia or Euphan Sinclair b. 13 July 1753 Olrig m. 1775 James Moir,More or
Moore,b.1754 Dunnet

Francis Sinclair m. Elizabeth Plowman, daughter of Margaret Calder who was b.
1740 Watten to Alexander Calder & Margaret Clacher.  Margaret Calder was a
half-sister of the illegitimate Admiral Donald Sinclair (who reputedly left a
fortune and was the subject of my original query !!) -  I still want to find
out more about him.

George Sinclair, probably father of Euphemia or Euphan Sinclair (Olrig)

George Sinclair d.before 1920 m.Margaret Calder, b.1832 Dunnet,d. 1920 Thurso,
daughter of William Calder & Rachel Nicolson.

Jane Sinclair b.18 June 1894 d. 5 Sept 1976 Bruan, Ulbster m.John Nicolson,
b.1881 Nybster, son of John N. & Catherine Mathieson (m.1869) (Canisbay)

Janet Sinclair b.20 Sept 1798 Keiss,Wick  (Parents:Alexander Sinclair/Janet
Shearer)  d. 3 Aug 1879 Canisbay m.1822 Alexander Nicolson, son of David N. &
Helen Barnie of Slickly, Canisbay

Margaret Sinclair b. 30 Aug 1803 Wick (Parents:Alexander Sinclair/Janet
Shearer)
m. 1826 Donald Nicolson, son of David N. & Helen Barnie of Slickly, Canisbay.

Where there is no Parish I have put in brackets any Parish with which the
family were associated but these are not necessarily where b.,d., or m. took
place.  Sorry this is so incomplete but it might just help someone sometime.
Regards, Douglas N.

[
[  info sinclair
[