Re: William the Conqueror/St. Clair

-------

Laurel:

I'm afraid there are some errors in the lineages you give for William the
Conqueror, etc.  His wife Matilda was the daughter of Baldwin V, count of
Flanders and Adele (or Aelis), daughter of Robert II, king of France and his
wife Constance.

The daughter of St. Margaret of Scotland who married Henry I in 1100 was
Matilda.

The ancestry of Agatha, mother of Edgar the Athling, is unproven.

There are several good sources for information on these lines including
"Ancestral Roots"  7th edition, by Frederick Lewis Weiss.

Sherm Fulton
[
[  info sinclair
[