Tracing Others

-------

Looking for Sinclair/Sinkler/St. Clairs that trace to Alexander Sinkler, born
about 1666 in Glasgow, came to US in 1698 settling in Stafford County, VA.
Children were: Wayman, John, Mary, Robert, Margaret, Patience, Elizabeth,
Sarah, George.

Wayman was born 1708 in Prince Edward County, VA, married Shirley Graham.
Children were: George, Issac, Robert, Mary, Wayman, jr., Elizabeth, Alexander.

George Sinkler, born 1750 in Prince Edward County, VA. Married Martha Palmer.
Children were: John, Elizabeth, Ruth, Lititia, William, David, Gwen, Abner,
Rhoda, Benjamin.

David Sinclair, born 1775 in Loudoun County, VA married Lucy Burton. Moved to
Columbiana County, Ohio. Children were: Levi Miller, Matilda, Hayden, Burton,
Lewis, Jonathon, Jacob.

I am a descendent of Merle C. Sinclair, son of Elmer Clay Sinclair, son of
Johnson Crawford Sinclair, son of Levi Miller Sinclair. I am looking at
filling in the blanks on all of the descendents of the other offspring of
David Sinclair.

I found it interesting that the descendents of George Sinkler split into a
group that went the southern route of Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, and a group
that went to the north into Ohio and Illinois. Those that went south kept the
family name off St. Clair and those that went north took the Sinclair name.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that can fill in some of the maby
hjoles in the north group that started with David in Columbiana County, Ohio.
GDSinclair
[
[  info sinclair
[