William the Conqueror/St. Clair??

-------

I have a copy of a document titled "About our Ancestors" by Frances M.
Smith (Eleanor Lexington) which I found in the Sinclair file at the
Filson Club in Louisville, KY. In which it states that William the
Conqueror's family name was St. Clair. It also states that his wife
Matilda's famuily name was St. Clair. Has anyone seen any other info on
this assertion. If so I would appreciate hearing from you.
--
"If a Tree doesn't have DEEP ROOTS it is easily blown over by a Strong
Wind"