Re: I need more help for Scottish searches

-------

<<
 >NEW REGISTER HOUSE: The Scots have a wonderful centre for
 >genealogical research.  It is The General Register Office for
 >Scotland, New Register House, Edinburgh  EH1 3YT Scotland
 >(Telephone +44 131 314 4441 Fax +44 131 314 4400).  The building
 >is behind General Register House at The Wellington Monument, on
 >the other side of Princes Street from the G.P.O. and Waverley
 >Station.

 They're also on the net. See:
  http://internal.mids.org/sinclair/trace.html

 >GENEALOGISTS: Assuming one cannot visit Edinburgh and one does
 >not want to use the staff in NRH to seek out records, there are
 >genealogists who will do this work for a fee.  A few names are:
 >Association of Scottish Genealogists and Record Agents, 51/3
 >Mortonhall Road, Edinburgh  EH9 2HN.  Scots Ancestry Research
 >Society, 29B Albany Street, Edinburgh EH1 3QN.  Maggie C.
 >Sinclair MA ASGRA, 83 Newington Road, Edinburgh  EH9 1QW.  I give
 >this last name (from many) because of the family connection!

 They're sort of on the net; see above URL.

 Thanks,
 John >>

Dear John,

I too am new to this list, though I've been lurking for a while.

<< http://internal.mids.org/sinclair/trace.html

I tried to go to the above web site, and received a notice that I need to
supply a username and a password.

What does this mean?  How do I qualify myself to access the site?

Thanks for all your help.

Myra
[
[  info sinclair