Bruce-Sinclair

At 07:53 AM 20/05/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Greetings and welcome. You will find that the list is quiet
>for a spell and then it will hum with activity and then get
>quiet for a spell. A couple of tidbits of advice. As many
>here are searching for relations ancestors and the like, it
>is very helpful to describe a bit of who you are and where
>you are from. Hence I sign Toronto, and from Argyll allowing
>anyone in the net to appreciate that I am located in Toronto
>and my ancestors come from Argyll. On this net you will
>discover information in the weirdest ways. I have met a
>cousin in New Mexico, I have met others searching Argyll,
>and are spotting migrations to North Carolina, PEI and
>Ontario and am helping one Sinclair search for ancestors in
>London Ontario. Then there is a lot of fun Sinclair heritage
>and history which is always fun. So do stay tuned, and what
>you put in to it, you get out, which is like most of life.
>Neil Sinclair Toronto
>Glendaruel-Argyll Scotland.
>
>W.P.Sinclair wrote:
>
>> on 20 May 98, sinclair@zilker.net wrote...
>>
>> >Its all gone quiet out there am I still subscribed.
>> >

>> I have no idea as I just got here myself.....Wm....
>
>New at this,searching my roots and was wondering if anyone can tell me if
the 10th Earl of Caithness was Lord William Sinclair.My g-g-g-grandfather
Joseph Wickens married Isabella Bruce of Scotland, born cir 1810. One
record says that she was the granddaughter of the Earl of Caithness. (Was
disowned by her family because she married a commoner). Another paper says
that she was the granddaughter of Lord William Sinclair. Another says that
she was a descendant of Sir William Sinclair of Dunbeath, Baronet of Nova
Scotia. She lived and died in Centreville, Nova Scotia. Have ran into a
road block and don't know where to go from here. Any help would be
appreciated.
Nancy (Wickens)Wolf
amwolf@bar.auracom.com>