[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
What! Another cousin!!
My ancestry goes this way:
--Laurel Mack Fechner11 , Eleanor Coleman10, Marvin Coleman9, Lettie St. Clair8, John Wesley St. Clair7 , Joshua St. Clair6, John Sinclear5 , Richard Sinkler4, Samuel Sinkler3, John Jr Sinkler2., John Sinclair1 b.c. 1612 SCOTLAND came to Exeter, NH who descends from Prince Henry.
My Joshua was born in Harbor, Erie Co. PA. His father, John Sinkler was b. 1763 Gilmanton, NH and m. Abigail Clark b. Hallowell, ME 1768 d/o Jonas and Prudence Cobb. He built mills in ME, VT, NY, and Erie Co,PA then moved to Rockdale, Crawford Co. PA. Their children:
Sally b. 1786 NH, Bradbury b. 1788 NH, John b. 1790 NH, David b. 1792 NH, Leonard b. VT, Leonard b. 1793 VT, Abigail b. 1798 VT, Joshua b. 1802 PA, Prudence b. 1805 PA, Joseph b. 1808 PA, Daniel b. 1811 PA, and Molly b. 1813 PA.
His son Joshua m. Rhoda Morey McClelland, widow of Charles and mother of Orville and Joel McClelland. She is believed to be the d/o Stephen Morey/Moory, etc b. RI/MA and sister of Stephen Jr, and possibly Levi and Polly Morey.
Joshua and Rhoda went to Geauga Co. OH around 1830 as did most of his siblings and father and just he went back to Rockdale around 1840. Probably many of you from OH are related to this line of Sinkler/Sinclair/St.Clairs. They arrived in Kenosha (then Racine Co.) WI around 1845. Since Joshua was a carpenter, they then lived in several counties, Dodge, Dane, Jefferson, Columbia, Sauk and finally in 1858 they came to Summit and Seven Mile Creek, Juneau Co. WI.
1)Enoch b. Oh d. young
(2) Franklin b. 1824 OH m. Sarah Casper d. 1877 WI
(3) Olivia Cordella b. OH 1827 M. John Coleman s/o Wm. and Fanny Herrick b 801 VT
(4) Phylander b. 1829 OH; A Fisherman drown 1855 WI
(5) Charles L. b. 1833 Rockdale Crawford Co. PA; m. Sarah Casper d. WI
(6) Melinda F. b. Rockdale PA 1835; m. Geo. Curtis and Daniel Miller-(Co. K, 6th WI). She d. WI
(7) John Wesley b. 1837 Rockdale, PA; (Co. K 6th WI (Iron Brigaide); m. Mary Ann Judd b. Leeds Co. Can. /o Arza III Judd and Matilda Stevens
(8) Susan M. b. Rockdale, PA 1838 d. 1888 Seven-Mile Creek, Juneau Co., WI
Four daughters of Charles L. above and 2 daughters of John Wesley married Coleman men. And you see that Olivia married into this Coleman family. Joshua's brother, Franklin's grandchildren, Milo Curtis, George McCollom and Emma McCollom also m. Colemans. There are also at least 6 marriages into the Byington family. So, many Colemans and Byingtons from Wisconsin are also our cousins
Cousin Laurel, and NW Rep. 600th Celebration Committee