Sinclair's of Prince Edward Island

My wife's first name is Sinclair.  She was named after her great grandmother, Emma Sinclair Quimby.  I have some information about the Sinclair side of the family, starting with what must be the most famous Sinclair that was being claimed, but I can't tie the families together.

Emma Sinclair Quimby is supposed to be related to John E. Sinclair of Prince Edward Island, but the relationship must be through some uncle that I don't have a record of.  John E. Sinclair was born in 1879 and died 23 Dec 1949.  He was active in P.E.I. politics, first elected in 1917 to the House of Commons and re-elected in 1921.  In 1930 he became a senator for P.E.I.  He had married Rebecca Harding in 1906 and had three children: Margaret Jean (Mrs. A.B. Cutcliffe), Rebecca Earith (Mrs. I.W. Jardine), and John Crawford Sinclair.

His parents were Peter (b. 1819 d. 1906) and Margaret MacMurdo Sinclair.  He was the oldest of eight children.  His brothers and sisters were:  Peter, Norris, Winnifred M., Adeline (Mrs. Major Lowther), Archibald M., Mary (Mrs. Harry Saul) and Amy (Mrs. Rev. Alexander MacKay).  His grandmother was Mary Crawford and he apparently had an uncle John Sinclair.

Thanks in advance for any additional information.

George Pearson