Re: Linklater

Hi Chris,

My mothers maident name was Linklater, these Linklaters have HBC ties.
Came from Orkney to Moose Factory area to work in Fur Trade.  All I know is
that my maternal great-great grandfather was George Linklater who was born
in 1804 and was married to Helen.  If he was born in Scotland or Canada I
do not know.  His son (from 1st marriage) was Benjamin Linklater (b. 1824,
d. 1895) his wife was Margaret.  Benjamins son William (b.1875, d. at
Chapleau, Ont.) married a Jane McAuley.  Their son was Sydney, my
grandfather (b. 1897).  There isn't much on internet on Linklaters.  If I
have time I would like to find out Scottish roots of above Linklaters.
Good luck on your research.

Marilyn
kinogami@cancom.net