[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear friend Laurel and others. As a young teen I lived in Michigan for a few years. On one particular farm I worked for an elderly couple who had Mountain Ash trees planted around the main house and barn. I had always been intrigued by these trees. They were so very different than the surrounding pine, apple, and peach trees. I had no knowledge of my Scottish heritage at the time. I can picture these trees as if it were yesterday. It has been almost thirty years ago. I had no idea it was a cousin to the Rowan tree. I have planted trees in my own yard that have appeal all season, either for foliage or bark. I have one spot on the hill near the garden for one more tree. I promise a Mountain Ash will be there in the spring. Should I name it Laurel or Prince? Or, considering the timeline of all things, should it be Jarl? Donald Sinclair, Indianapolis