[an error occurred while processing this directive]
May 3, 2001 Dear Rob: I think if you reread my original posting you'll see that I didn't demand you read my May Fortean Times (U.S. June) article--I merely suggested it. Also, the research I sent to Niven last year was not unsolicited. I asked him if he was interested in seeing it. He said he was, and would give me his opinion. Only then did I send it to him. All Best! Jeff PS to the Discussion Group: I will be dropping out of the group in a day or two, but will be back in a few months. Before the end of the year I will have published an article that will prove conclusively that there was indeed a thriving "Goddess Cult" in medieval Scotland, and that the ancients had a vast astronomical knowledge that would have allowed them to make a voyage to North America well before Prince Henry made his voyage, had they so chosen. Stay tuned. Those of you who have already expressed an interest in my research may continue to contact me at my home address. Rob Cohn wrote: > hey all...just a comment... > > This is a voluntary list...some people on it are busy...some people on the > list are too busy to read, much less answer every e-mail they get (and this > list is not the only source of e-mail in the world) the same way that some > people are too busy to post the url or a copy of a self-penned article they > want everyone to read... > > Particularly, I do not expect Niven to answer every e-mail I send him, on > or off-list...When extremely busy, I can get up to 200 e-mails each day, and > don't respond to half of them because it's frankly impossible...Niven's just > as busy, if not more so...it's not a lack of courtesy, it's a lack of time > to respond to unsolicited requests for time and energy...I always appreciate > any time that Niven spares for me... > > If someone doesn't respond to an unsolicited request for their time, energy > and resources, one should be more understanding about the lack of > response...the same as we all should be when someone demands we read their > stuff and then doesn't provide it...making us spend time, energy and > resources to look for it... if we have them... > > So Mr. Nesbitt, sorry I won't get to see your article, I'm sure it > surpasses the more than 1 million words already existing on the subject... > > and please don't carry on this thread, most of us don't have time for it... > > cheers, > rob cohn > halifax > > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org > [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html