[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Wow that was a great story. I don't really know my St.Clair side all the well. Tho i did receive some very interesting information on my Handely side of the family. And my grandfather Gamble tells me stories of his youth. Debbie CGellis@aol.com wrote: > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > Subject: Re: Stay On Sinclair/St. Clair Subjects > Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:12:27 EST > From: CGellis@aol.com > To: TimberlyA@aol.com > > Hey cousin, Are you one of the lucky ones still in Virginia? I have been > away for 37yrs and long to go home, if the luck of my Irish grandmother is > with me we may do just that this summer. Did you know that Meador's son John > Henry was murdered? When my cousin and I found out we were beside ourselves > with enjoyment of the event, evidently he was not a universally loved fellow > as the law such as it was didn't look too hard for the assassin. Although he > was a twit he had quite wonderful children one of whom you know is Charles, > there were 10 in all and 8 lived to adulthood, among them a civil engineer > who worked all over this side of the Atlantic and Kenneth the youngest who > was killed in battle in WW1. The female siblings were not to be scoffed at > either they were all accomplished ladies. Unfortunately when I was born only > one of them was still alive Mary Ellen StClair known throughout our little > slice of heaven as Miss Mary, the one to call whenever you need an answer to > a question or medical help as she was an R.N. I was going to shut up now but > remembered that we are still hoping to find what became of John Henry's > oldest son, James Meador StClair. He left Giles Co. Va in the early 1900's > as a very young man and kept in touch with his mother by post for several > years then dropped from sight. The last card was from somewhere in the > Sierras in about 1913. Believe it or not I truly have documents that give > the actual dates of all this stuff but my search for it has been in vain so > far. One more piece of luck that we have is that My mother's first cousin > Lillian S. Blackford if putting together the story of our line and I pray for > her speed and good health daily as she is the only one I know who has all > this stuff in one place. If anyone runs across Uncle Jim please let me know > as my Mother is very cross with me as one can just type this stuff into the > computer and it replies with the correct answer! Good to hear from you and > there are a bunch more of us scattered around. Charlotte [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html