[an error occurred while processing this directive]
At 00:58 27/03/01 -0500, you wrote: >Dear Niven, > > Am I the guilty one regarding 'thoughts in the middle of a >sentence'? > >I have not seen any other contributors from NS (Nova Scotia) to this >list so I make that assumption. > >Since I write with a - between my separate thoughts it is only because >it is a convenient way for me to type quickly with my 'hunt & peck' >procedure. > >The only things that I learned easily in school was English punctuation, >sentence structure and mathematics - all the rest was ?????- there, I've >done it again. > >I will try to avoid this discrepancy in the future. > >Sincerely and affection to all of you, Neil St. Clair > >No perversity intended! > > >No, Neil. You and I share the same initials. I was drawing attention to my own grasshopper mentality. If my memory serves me correctly you and your wife are lawyers. Therefore, English is the vehicle of your profession and, whilst I might question (and even challenge) the basis on which legal fees are arrived at I would hesitate to challenge the ball of verbal wool which masquerades as a legal 'brief' or an 'opinion' because, in the main, such papers are incomprehensible to laymen like myself which I have always seen as a deliberate ploy to keep your fellow lawyers in work. Thankfully, your able contributions to these columns have always been devoid of such legal gobbledegook and have drawn much-needed attention to the forgotten Sinclairs of Argyll. Why weren't you at Guysborough on 9th September, 2000 ? It was a momentous occasion. Regards, Niven >[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org >[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html