[an error occurred while processing this directive]
The navigation from the "About" GRO page is not good. Go up one to http://www.origins.net/GRO/ and you will find what you are looking for. KR Iain ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francine Bernier" <f_bernier@videotron.ca> To: <sinclair@matrix.net> Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 10:45 PM Subject: Re: The joy of research > on 09/03/01 13:53, Iain at iain.laird@btinternet.com wrote: > > > Dear Ian, > > I have checked your (really nice) website and found the link to the GRO but > saw nothing available online. Or is it me who finds it so complicated every > time?!? I am not especially in a hurry!, I could write (snail mail) and > wait for 3 months (minimum) for an answer to my query. But I'd like to clear > a few facts sooner! Any suggestions? All data that was available until a few > weeks ago on the Jesus Christ of latter day Saints' website has somehow > vanished! verything was there before Christmas, now all is gone (???). I > have some print outs but not my complete family line. Could a transfer of > the data have happened? Where to? If not, then, what may have happened? > > Thanks for your help! > > FB > > > Dear Francine > > > > Have a look at the links page on my website - GRO (S) (General Register > > Office for Scotland) "Scots Origins" to find Birth Marriage and Death > > Certificates from 1855 in Scotland, and OPR (Old Parish Registry) entries > > back to 1553 - there are very few records for other than the nobility before > > that. > > > > Yours aye > > > > Iain > > > > www.iain-laird.co.uk > > > > >> Greetings to all, > >> > >> Last summer I have joinded this list in the hope of finding some of my own > >> scottish history, a missing link so to speak. I hard a hard time finding > >> anything relevant here in Canada because the link dated from the time of > > the > >> Nouvelle-France, before England conquered the French.(...) > > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org > [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html