[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear Sinclairs, Just a note of caution re the following book mentioned in a recent post: 'Following the Ark of The Covenant'-The Treasure of God > by Kerry Ross Boren ( assisted Alex Haley with research on his books ROOTS and QUEEN ) and Lisa Lee Boren > published by Bonneville Books and distributed by CFI ( Cedar Fort , Incorporated) > ISBN: 2-55517-459-0 > The book has genealogies of the Sinclair's. Has articles about the Knights Templars, The Rosslyn Sinclairs, The Gunn family. It also has references to a Sinclair connection to Joseph Smith the founder/Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and his ancestors > The most fascinating discovery is that of Brewers Cave in Utah, where there was discovered a Templar Knight mummified- The book states that the mummy is thought to be of the Gunn/Sinclair clan ! ! ! ! I've not seen this book--though, as some one profoundly interested both in Templars and Sinclairs, I would love for it to be true--but readers perhaps should exercise a bit of caution on this one. I know nothing about the authors, Boren and Boren, but the fact that he assisted Haley in his Roots and Queen research is not necessarily a strong credential. As I recall, Haley later admitted that much of at least Roots was totally invented, not fact at all. As for an LDS connection, well....it <could> be true, though I would be extremely dubious about a Templar mummy in Utah. (This would put Europeans all the way across North America a good two centuries earlier than anyone thinks--which <could> be true, but....) But like many folk, I will probably buy the book, if I can find it, just to see what the authors have to say. Most books of this sort will contain at least one or two true nuggets.... ;-) Katherine D.T. Kurtz (The D.T. stands for Doubting Thomas) [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html