[an error occurred while processing this directive]
I reproduce below the column in which the "Earl of Mar Marre" appears. Sorry I was not clearer about where on the website it came! I don't think that it has any connection with Moray though. It's pronounced like 'Marr'... Regards, Oliver THIS IS COPIED DIRECT FROM WEBSITE: The Text of the Chart This is the text of the main big chart. It is known to have errors. Please send in corrections and additions. Also note that several related pedigrees are linked from the Rollo page. !All Descendants of Jarl Orkney Rogenvald ``the Mighty'' ( - ), Ragnhilda ( - ), et al. Jarl Orkney Rogenvald ``the Mighty'' b. 830 d. 890 THEN A LIST OF NAMES CONTINUES DOWN... Jean Sinclair Sir, of Costorphine John Forester Margaret Sinclair Earl of Angus Thomas Stewart Margaret Stewart Earl of Mar Sir, of Hermannston John St. Clair Ragnhilda b. 850 Count Bayeux Berenger b. 825 Katherine Strathearn b. 1160 Earl of Mar Marre b. 1160 Margaret Marre b. 1190 Earl Orkney Magnus b. 1200 Matilda b. 1240 Alicia de Fenton b. 1275 _________________________________________________________ On 27 Jan 2001 22:48:19 -0800, sinclair@matrix.net wrote: > Dear Oliver, > I am at a loss. I did a search of all my website and didn't come up > with a Marre. There was the Earl of Mar and here are some items about this > title. These titles didn't necessarily stay with a family if the family > died out or were unpopular with the king and so he gave the title to someone > else in another line??? > > Do you think that Marre could have been Moray? It could have been > pronounced and spelled that way? > > _______________________________________________________ Send a cool gift with your E-Card http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/ [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html