[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Uncle Neil, To clear up any confusion to you or the list, I am the culprit that posted all the information about our line when I joined the discussion list. Your neice, Donna On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:08:51 -0600 (CST) neilcalyx@ns.sympatico.ca wrote: >John, thanks for the info - I really was perplexed not only >because I received no answer to my question but because I >could not find any trace of it in my own records. > >Wouldn't yoy know - I zinged off a letter to Niven immediately >prior to receiving your explanation in which I lamented the >loss of the message and asked him about Auch among other things. > >The message is repeated below and I hope it gets off this time >but I want to ask if this little box that I post my message in >can be increased in size or can the space provided be word wrapped? > >I believe that maybe someone else asked you the same thing >(I think maybe I saw that in my perusal of the archives last night. > >The previous letter which didn't get there: - > >Subject: Auch >I had a ggggrandmother by the name of Isabella Auchmuty, >born April 3, 1772 - her father was Captain Samuel Auchmuty. > >Isabella was the wife of my ggggrandfather Daniel St. Clair >who had come from Scotland to America at the age of 12 in >1771. >In numerous places including a recent message on this list I >have noticed the Auch used as a prefix to many names. > >Does anyone know if the Auch has any special significance? > >Anything else that I know of Samuel is that he was married >to a Sarah Miller. > >Isabella & Daniel had 9 children - Daniel was a Drummer in >the American Revolution, Isabella received a widows pension >in 1850 of $108.00 per annum; she died at the age of 87 in >1859. > >Last night I perused the 'List'archives and discovered that >this Daniel/Isabella genealogy has already been posted. Ok, >so if any one is interested I am one of the descendents. > >Thanx, Neil > > >[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org >[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html > Sign up for your FREE E-mail Account at http://www.wkbw.com [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html