[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Hi all, Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. :) Spirit One: I did email Gordon back in November but never did hear anything back...(or maybe I lost the email?). I'll try again... Now the picture. I found this link in another NG listing that I belong to (an Orkney rootsweb list). I'll cut and paste it for you. --- cut --- I'm hoping that someone will recognize the style or type of dress that appears in an old b&w family photograph. Is it military related? Is the tartan identifiable? I am quite sure the person in the photo has ties to Orkney or Caithness. The photo probably dates to roughly 1860-70 judging by the furniture. The man may be Angus Sinclair, about whom I literally know nothing except that he was "a soldier" (so says his son's civil registration marriage certificate) and that his son Peter was living in Washington, Durham, Eng. (he was a slag man at a blast furnace) when he married in 1874. The marriage took place in Edinburgh to a woman who was living in Dunnet, Caithness, at the time. How that came about is still a mystery to me! The couple settled first in Dunnet, then Kirkwall. The son was born about 1852, so he could also be the man in the photo. Angus is referred to as deceased on the marriage certificate. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Here's the link: http://pws.prserv.net/usinet.declair/pcsinweb.jpg Doug Sinclair --- paste --- I'm not really sure if Doug is a member here or not, if you are Doug...sorry for the X-Post! Take care, Jeff Inkster Toronto, ON, Canada [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html