[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear Jeff, Did you connect with Gordon? I am interested in publicizing the reunion that I think was referred to in a message to or by you, if it is agreeable? Laurel ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Inkster" <cheryl.jeff@sympatico.ca> To: <sinclair@matrix.net> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 7:57 PM Subject: RE: "Nothing to fear but fear itself" > Hi Laurel, > > I'll contact Gordon tonight and see what he's got. :) > While it may be true that I'm a descendant of William Sinclair through a > marriage to an Inkster, I'm not sure if he'll have anything regarding any > Inksters. But any lead is being than no lead! > > Juli Inkster a relative? Not too sure about that, maybe somewhere up the > line? > Knowing the number of Inksters that are around, it's not entirely unlikely, > lol. > > Thanks for the contact! > > Jeff > > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sinclair@matrix.net [mailto:owner-sinclair@matrix.net]On Behalf > Of Spirit One Email > Sent: November 15, 2000 11:12 AM > To: sinclair@matrix.net > Subject: Re: "Nothing to fear but fear itself" > > Jeff, > I remember you from messages long ago and wondered whether you were > still around. Since then I have learned that Gordon Holmes of BC also > descends from William Sinclair of HBC and I have copies of his research. > You can contact him at lafleur@home.com > > I also recognize the name Inkster as that of Julie Inkster the golfer. > Any relation? She was a close friend of our neighbors, now deceased. > Laurel > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Jeff Inkster" <cheryl.jeff@sympatico.ca> > > > > I'm one of the long time "lurkers" in the group. :) > > > > > > Just a shot in the dark; anyone else here of Metis decent? Specifically > of > > the Red River Valley settlement started by Lord Selkirk? > > > > Myself? I'm a descendant of William Sinclair through a marriage to an > > Inkster that came over with the HBC (Hudson's Bay Company). > > > > I do know that I'm a direct descendant of John Inkster whom created the > > "Seven Oaks Lodge" house (built in 1851) near the famous "Battle of Seven > > Oaks" that took place between the Northwest Trading Company (with Metis > > leader Louis Reil in 1816) and HBC in present day Winnipeg, Manitoba, > > Canada. > > > > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org > [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html > > [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org > [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html