Re: Stay On Sinclair/St. Clair Subjects

At 17:15 28/03/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Jonnye, I am one of the "lurkers"on this list who reads almost every
>posting hoping to find something new about my line of StClairs(Robert son of
>Alexander) who arrived in Virginia around 1696.  However the excitement of
>the discussion seems to run in the blood line.  I believe we are a perversely
>diverse group with many interests and do for the most part stay on subject.
>As my son would have said to me "Lighten up" and enjoy the many things to be
>learned from and about each of us.  Charlotte Gellis

 From the St Clairs of the Isles, I find that the Sinclairs of Virginia
arrived in
1747 and located near Leesburg from where they spread out to Charlottesville
whilst others of the same family headed for Illinois.

As your family's arrival seem to have predated these Sinclairs by 50 years, I
hope it is all recorded somewhere. I  have little doubt that the late Caroline
Sinclair would have been known to your family.  She was an indomitable little
lady who is honoured in the Sport's Hall of Fame of your State.

Your own name (like the St Clairs) was brought over to England by the Normans.

Niven Sinclair