Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: For Sally and Bruce ( A pennies worth )

Thank you for the flattery.  The addresses are a farm in France (labehotierre@wanadoo.fr)  or a flat in London (Privateers@privateers.org). My residence is Canton Vaud Switzerland (Sinclair@Sinclair.ch)  . I am long winded, opinionated, incredibly handsome and are not really, going bald just growing more head.

People have a good understanding of basic relationship words such as "mother," "father," "aunt," "uncle," "brother," and "sister." these are the relationship terms of everyday speech.  We don't tend to speak about our relationships in such exact terms as "second cousin" and "first cousin, once removed" But sometimes need to.

When "removed" is used to describe a relationship, it indicates that the two people are from different generations. First cousins are in the same generation (two generations younger than the grandparents), so the word "removed" is not used to describe your relationship.

The words "once removed" mean that there is a difference of one generation. Your mother's or fathers’s first cousin is your first cousin, once removed.. This is because your mother's first cousin is one generation younger than your grandparents and you are two generations younger than your grandparents. This one-generation difference is analogues to "once removed."

Twice removed means that there is a two-generation difference. You are two generations younger than a first cousin of your grandmother, so you and your grandmother's first cousin are first cousins, twice removed.

Cousin (also know as "first cousin") are the people in a family who have two of the same grandparents. (the children of aunts and uncles.)

Second Cousin are the people in a family who have the same great-grandparents, but not the same grandparents.

Third cousins have the same great-great-grandparents, fourth cousins have the same great-great-great-grandparents, and so on.

Sinclair