Re: Fawlty Towers Secret Revealed!

In Australia it can mean  "to get pissed "  drinking too much - beer is
notorious for it's effect on the water works therefore " to have a piss"
-  to relieve  the bladder; or as in N.Z. it can be used as a verb " to
piss off" to get lost, go away, or to give offence or anger. An odd comment
to find on the list - perhaps Tim meant it as a personal not a public
comment?  More usually used in 'affection'   with one's "mates", if
masculine, when drinking. The second  form is slang .
I hope  we don't give offence with our academic responses

Sinead.