The joy of research

Greetings to all,

Last summer I have joinded this list in the hope of finding some of my own
scottish history, a missing link so to speak. I hard a hard time finding
anything relevant here in Canada because the link dated from the time of the
Nouvelle-France, before England conquered the French. Virtuall no birth,
mariage or civil records remain since many small catholic churches were
burned down. It is through this list that I was put in touch that with some
very kind and helpful people, particularly in Scotland (and Sweden: hello to
Lena!). Now I am told that many birth, mariage and death information is
being kept at the UK archives in Scotland and that the documentation goes
back to the 14th century. Does anyone have the e-mail address or website?
Can we access the information on the Internet?

Thanks

FB