Re: The Cave

No folks I have not heard of the cave before.  But anyone who has lived here
or watched the local news knows that native Utahns thrive on the fact that
the world might revolve around Utah or that every event that happens world
wide some how is always linked to Utah.  This sounds strange, but my outside
perspective concerning this idea is quite evident.  I have only lived here
since '94.  I was born in Weymouth, Mass and raised in Soprano land New
Jersey.  My wife who was born and raised here didn't even see this
perspective till I pointed this idea out.  I am not surprised by the premise
of this book.  Utah is a great and wonderful place to live.  The Mountains
covered in snow, the beautiful desert landscapes. Snowboarding and Skiing at
10,000 ft in less than an hour. One hell of a good Basketball Team (GO JAZZ
ring not included).  A great Masonic community www.wasatchlodge.org
(shameless website plug).  Ole Brigham was right "This is the Place".  For
the uniformed Brigham when entering the Salt Lake Valley in July of 1847
said that famous quote and now there is a "This is the Place" Monument at
the mouth of Emigration Canyon overlooking the valley.  I noticed the book
was published by a Bonneville Company most not all Bonneville companies are
owned by the LDS church.  When I'm in the tent at the games people look at
the genealogy charts and you know how people love those. Especially here.
Then they see the Masonic Sinclair angle that I portray at the tent and 95%
of the time the next response is "You know Joseph Smith and Brigham Young
were Masons" or conversely "There is no proof that Joseph Smith was a
Mason".  Utah is a great place, it is my adopted home.  I will read the
book, I will endeavor to find the cave and I will let you all know.

Yours Aye,

John Liley