Re: George Amesy Sinclair-1793

At 11:38 23/01/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Here is a query from a clan member in Portland:
>  He is looking for the parents of   George Amesy Sinclair b. Sept. 22, 1793
>in Hallowell, Kenebec Co., Maine Death date unknown;
>married Abigail Shaw
>
>Only one child is known, Thomas Shaw Sinclair b. Dec. 11, 1817 in
>Dennsyville, Washington Co., Maine, d. May 22, 1895 and married Ruth B.
>Cook.
>
>Is this familiar to anyone?

Dear Laurel,

I have looked through the Sinclairs of Maine in the "St Clairs of the Isles"
and although I can find a John Sinclair marrying a Mary Hyde with his
brother, Thomas, marrying an Abigail Hyde I cannot find a George Sinclair
marrying an Abigail Shaw.

As this Thomas was born in 1772, he cannot be the Thomas Shaw Sinclair
your correspondent refers to who wasn't born until 1818.

The Sinclairs of Maine in the "St Clairs of the Isles" were centred around
Lisbon and had odd names like:

                                 Adoniram
                                 Silas Trufant
                                 Solon