Re: Language

Dear Tearlach:
Thanks for that info and I always felt that my "two" meant a heck of a lot more.
It matters not  that this was "grafted on" or not....  it was spoken and not by a fringe minority.
Besides, if you go back far enough, all languages have a 'beginning' where some force of nature or humanity makes a new language out of an old one or an old one disappears under the invasive force of newcomers.  Yes, Scots brought the Gaelic to Scotland as well as changing the name of the place but that invasion took place circa 500  AD, long enough, in my opinion,  not to be regarded as an 'import' but as a indigenous language.....  Pictish and the language of the earlier Iberians, like Elvis, having left the building.

Rory