Re: Auchen

I still have my pictures of Auchenheglish Lodge and Auchendennan Lodge that are over 100 years old. with no positive identification
yet.

What do you suppose my "Auch" place-names mean?

I have found that there is currently an Auchenheglish Lodge and and Auchendennan Farm within the Loch Lomond National Park about 30 minutes from Glasgow, but living in Canada it is a little too far to go for a look see.

Any ideas?

Thanks,  Jack.

Niven Sinclair wrote:

 Following on Neil's request about the meaning of the prefix "Auch" which
appears in many of the pace-names of Scotland, I have asked around and
been given the information below:
[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@mids.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html