Re: Australia

Dear Labehotierre

THankyou for the reminder of why we like dark haired first footers on New
Year's Night. And yes, the guns were fired here too, sometimes at the
neighbours and some times at the same neighbours who were indulging in a
spot of cattle duffing. Last night the guns ( cannons) were the local youth
letting off fireworks in honour of all sorts of things.

And it was fascinating to read that London was -4 while we were sweltering
in a rather still, sweaty 37.
At 10 pm it is still rather sweaty and not much air movement.

And I go back to work tomorrow!!!!

I trust that 2001 will be a prosperous and peaceful  beginning for us all.

Regards,

Sinead.