Re: Julie's misfortune.

Rory,

>Dear All:
>Julie probably does (unjustifiably, in my view) feel a little embarrassed by
>what has occurred.

The only thing she should have done differently would have been to try
out her vacation program *before* leaving town.  But that's a mistake
that any of us could make.

>It is not she (again, in my view) who should be embarrassed as much as those
>of us who jumped all over her with invective before we knew the whole story.
>For the record, Julie has been an active member of the Islay Sinclair group
>and has does an enormous amount of work on our Sinclair cousins therefrom.
>A bit of wisdom to pass on to others,  how about starting with a generous
>interpretation of events until it can be shown to otherwise.  This should
>apply throughout the year but but to be so ungenerous in late December is
>well,  un-Christmas-like?
>I would like a bunch of messages asking Julie on bended knee to re-subscribe
>and here is mine.

I've been watching, and the requests for her to stay on the list far
outnumber the previous complaints.  You can see them all in
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/archive/

That archive is updated daily with messages from the list.  I have
removed all but one of Julie's vacation messages so the other messages
are more visible.

>Come back Julie,  and I would say all is forgiven if there were anythng to
>forgive.

Indeed.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>