Re: Sinclair's kidnapped or shipped as indentured servants

I found this most interesting, as I am experiencing a similar problem with
my earliest Sinclair ancestor - so, playing a long shot - I'll ask.

My earliest Sinclair ancestor is one John Sinclair, born around 1774/75,
based on his age as noted on his tombstone.  For most of his life he lived
in Hunterdon County, NJ, and was married to one Jemima Duckworth in 1798.  I
have been able fix most of his descendents but as to his parents and
ancestors, it's a blank.  And the strangest thing is, there are other
Sinclair living in the neighborhood but, as far as I can find, they are not
related to him.

By chance, does anyone have information relating to Sinclairs settling in
northwestern NJ?

Bruce D. Sinclair