Scythians and Sarmations - GOLD OF THE NOMADS

Greetings to the list members !

As many of you may already know , one of the early ancestors of those having
Scottish / British descent were Scythians / Sarmatians .*

I have been researching these two groups extensively for the past year and
wished to share with the list , the traveling exhibit which is now at the San
Antonio Museum of Art ( Texas , USA ) which will travel to other USA cities
before reaching Paris and then returning to the Ukraine .

Excerpts from the Museum web site :::

""The Scythians originated in the Central Asian steppes sometime in the early
first millennium, B.C.  After migrating into what is present-day Ukraine,
they flourished, from the seventh to the third centuries B.C., over a vast
expanse of the steppe that stretched from the Danube, east across what is
modern Ukraine and east of the
Black Sea into Russia.  Invincible for nearly four centuries, the Scythians
were a people of great military skill and unrelenting ferocity.  They were
also extremely influential patrons of the arts, and left behind an
extraordinary legacy of both ruthless conquest and lavish artifacts.  Gold of
the Nomads offers visitors a rare glimpse into the lives of these great
warriors, whose brutality was matched only by their passion for exquisite
ornament. ""

""Dr. Ellen Reeder noted "Many of the recently excavated objects in the
exhibition constitute a new chapter, even a new book, on the
interrelationships of the ancient Aegean world, the ancient Near East, and
the steppes that extend from north of the Black Sea as far as the Altai
Republic near Mongolia.   This exhibition and the
accompanying catalogue provide visitors and scholars alike a special
opportunity to explore what is essentially a new frontier in the discipline
of archaeology." ""

http://www.sa-museum.org/scythian.html

I would encourage all of our list members to see the exhibit and to also
explore the history of these wonderful two peoples/ tribes /clans .

*Citations : (partial )
The Declaration of Arbroath
Art Of the Steppes ( Karl Jettmar ) English and German translations
Old Testament - Book Of Genesis

 I also hope you will find significant ,  the Museum citation that , from a
timeline point of view , transitions us from "" the early first millennium,
B.C. "" to the close of the second millenium A.D. !!

Best regards to all ,
Joe Greigg ( William B. Sinclair - England/Wales 1835 )