W T Laird's 1888 Letter on the Origin of the Laird's?

If anyone is interested, I have set out W T Laird's Letter of 31st December
1888 (with reference to its source) together with the College of Arms' reply
to our inquiry on our website: "http://ourworld.cs.com/INSLaird/".  The URL
for the letter is "http://ourworld.cs.com/inslaird/1888_Letter.htm".  Though
the supposed German origin of the family is discounted as is the alleged
genealogy found in "Chancery", there is much that is factually correct in the
letter that is relevant to Lairds and Sinclairs alike. I have set links to
some of the factual accuracies from our "Origins of the Surname Laird" page
at "http://ourworld.cs.com/inslaird/Origins.htm".

Yours aye

Iain