RE: Sinclair Genealogy Digest Number 11

Might I suggest that Lena directs the people to the person with the
original database (that way the original person can add more info to their
own database, & receive more live contact).

For example, when OCFA (Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid) database came out,
the genealogical societies were up in arms, they were afraid that it was
taking away their hard work (transcribing & publishing cemetery
transcriptions).  But the database only tells the person name & the
cemetery they were listed in.  The site also tries to direct people to the
right branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society that published the
information (tho' people can go to the O.G.S. Collection in the Canadiana
Dept., North York Public Library).

I would also suggest that the United States has the two best places for
genealogy research.  One is the LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of the
Latter-Day Saints) Library in Salt Lake City (with their branch libraries
all over the world) & the Fort Wayne Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana,
where a copy of your  published work should go (also to the National & your
local Library), if you wish to keep it for posperity.

WANDA SINCLAIR
Rexdale, Ontario