Re: Nova Scotia

Here is a bit more on the subject:
    (It was some of my very own New England English ancestors that came up
and tore apart the families of my Acadian ancestors)
    Some Acadians were also sent back to France, some sent to French Guiana
where they died in droves, and each of our colonial states received their
quota with the orders to absorb them into their society and wipe out the
Catholicism.  The NE colonies were very diligent about this as they changed
Le Blanc to White as a surname, etc. and split up families more by housing
them with different English families who probably made their lives a
nightmare.

The southern colonies didn't much care and let the French slip out as they
happened to find a chance.  This is where Longfellows poem "Evangeline"
continues to follow the story of Evangeline as she and the priest escape
from Virginia then follow the Ohio to the Mississippi to Louisiana.  There
they are reunited with some neighbors only to find that Gabriel, her husband
to be, has just left for the west as a fur trapper.  And then the search
goes on throughout the rest of her life.......sniff....It is too sad to tell
any more.
    But this seems to be the origin of many of the French mountain men out
of the exodus of Nova Scotia to Louisiana, etc.  Many of the French were
able to escape the English by hiding with the friendly Indians but they had
nothing to return to because their homes and barns were all torched.  Many
had believed they would return and hid the silverware, etc. in the ground.
There are incredible stories of Frenchmen from the southern colonies who
walked back to Canada found a place in Quebec  then walked back for their
families.  I don't know how they did it!

    --Also the Augustinian Society (website address in FAQ's) has a reprint
of something called "Scots Empire"  written and illustrated by  R. Mingo
Sweeney, heavy emphasis on illustrated.
    Each page has a paragraph on it with a large illustration, crest, seal,
etc. taking up the rest of the page.  25 pages that inclues and early map,
list of NS Baronets beginning with Sir. Robert Gordon of Gordonstown May 28
1625 and ending with Dec 17 1636 so the list stops before we find the name
of John Sutherland Sinclair who succeed to the earldom of Caithness Jan 1891
and lived in Lakota, Noth Dakota.  I'm looking at pg 48 of the Morrison book
now and don't see the reference to his being a baron  or baronet of NS,
where did I read that originally?  There are 96 Baronets listed for a time
period of 13 years.  They are called Baronets of places such as Elphinstone,
Langton, Lundie, Clancairny, Skelmorly, Auchinbreck, Ardnamurchan, etc, etc.
    Can someone explain the above situation?

    There are 2 1/4 pages of Armorial descriptions and a page showing the
arms of Sir Robert Gordon of Gordonstown; Premier Baronet of NS, Sir William
Keith, Earl Marischal of Scotland, and Sir James Stewart of Previck and
Killieth, "4th Lord Ochiltre, younger son of the Earl of Arran,  Sheriff and
Chamberlain of Orkney and founder of the ill-fated colony at Baleine in New
Galloway...died 1683."  from Scots Empire by R. Mingo Sweeney

And a 1/2 page of references.
Laurel