Re: eclipse

Normandy had a total eplipse the totality lasted for about 2minutes and 10
seconds. The duration of the entire eclipse was two hours. The skies were
clear over Le Havre. We thank the Nobel Earl for his accurate description of
the hour before and after as moon crept slowly from the east over the sun.
As the sun darkened people came on to the streets to view the first ecplise
in 72 years.  Cars and lorries came to a standstill. Lorries by police order
for three hours.  The Drivers packed the local bars for those three hours,
how safe the roads were after that was anybodies guess. One man shouted
about the end of the world. Paco Rabanne, the designer predicted the
destruction of Paris and the soutwest department of Gers was certain.  The
town fathers of Gers are furious at Rabanne for cite his reading of
Nostradamus to say that the Mir space station should have crashed into the
town. Lyon, Frances second biggest city. offered to take over from Paris if
Rabanne was correct. Thirty five million pairs of solar glasses were sold in
France.

Our own little Saint has seen two eclipses (eclipcsies?) but I don't think
even he can describe his first in 1928. The courts closed early an everyone
save the prisoners on remand streamed into the streets.  Norman lunch is
Traditionaly two full hours it was extended to three for this event.  All
channal tunnel trafic was stoped at Calais for three hours

Our next eclipse in this part of the world is 2098, why don't we plan a big
party.  RSVP early.  May  my clansmen live forever, may the last voice they
hear be mine.

Sinclair