Re: The Eclipse

Dear  Clan Chief Malcom,

Thank you, again and again, for your description.  I keep wondering
how it was looking, feeling, and going during that time yesterday.
Did you not experience the total eclipse in London?

Myra
Ontario Sinclairs

<At 06:53 AM 8/12/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Laurel asked about the eclipse. I was in London, slightly cloudy,
<but saw the partial eclipse clearly enough. It suddenly started to
<get dark and the temperature dropped noticeably. I needed the
<lights on in the house for a period. I then watched it on the <Television
news and it was quite extraordinary where they saw the
<total eclipse. How awesome nature can be and it made me feel small
<and insignificant. In Cornwall where it went dark the automatic
<street lights came on and the birds set about roosting for the
<night. They were thoroughly confused! Then the light came back
<and life returned to 'normal' with man soon thinking and behaving
<as though he had created everything. The was the biggest surge ever
<in this country on the National Grid (electricity) afterwards as
<people returned to their desks.

>As Laurel says this must have been an even more amazing event in
<the past and it is no suprise that people thought the end had
<come or that it was some ill omen.

-
 Help Protect America's Heritage Forests at http://www.ourforests.org