Ancestors? of William Sinclair/Sinkler.

Kay & Lynn, it seems my info. is tainted. I thought it reliable when I sent
it to you. I am sending one last family generation for your reveiw. Even if
they are not your direct bloodline, it makes for interesting reading.
However, your grandmother's homespun stories seem to point out this info. may
be correct. If it is, then your William's great great great garndfather was
George Sinclair, 4th. Earl of Caithness. Born 1533 @ Dunbeath, Caithness, he
was the son of John (Earl Caithness) and Elizabeth Sutherland. Goerge died 9
September, 1582 @ Edinburgh, and was buried in Roslin Chaple. Earl George
married Elizabeth Graham, the daughter of Earl Willaim Montrose. Issue as
follows
1. John (Master of Caithness) Sinclair
2. William (of Mey) Sinclair
3. George (of Mey) Sinclair
4. Barabara Sinclair
5. Elizabeth Sinclair
6. Janet Sinclair
7. F.N.U. Sinclair
Earl George served in the King's privy council. He was Justiciary of northern
Scotland. He was a supporter of Mary, Queen of scots. On the evening when
James Rizzo was murdered, George and other supporters stomed into Holyrood
palace to resuce their Queen. He later helped Mary and Lord Darnley escape to
Dunbar Castle. George seved as the jury foreman of the trail that found James
Bothwell innocent in Darnley's murder in 1567.
I hope that some of this has helped instead of sending you two down the wrong
trail. I have read several stories and records about the Sinclair family,
most of them do not agree. I have encountered several stumbling blocks
researching my own tree. Someday, when you are standing in the old crumbling
courtyard of Girnigoe Castle, you will FEEL a part of the mighty Sinclairs.
Donald Sinclair (Indy)